DOE + commission opportunity
6 months contract with a possibility of a full-time employment
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to run ICETANK venue hire studio!
ICETANK is a bespoke studio space located on a quiet street just off Covent Garden. This is an incredible venue, hired out to a variety of high-profile clients for events ranging from prestigious press & product launches, corporate meetings, exclusive parties and photography & film shoots including celebrities and professionals in every industry imaginable. The business is also a sister company of an established photography and film studio.
As a Venue & Events Manager, you will have complete responsibility and autonomy for managing all aspects of the venue hire operation, which involves handling of the sales of the venue, preparing proposals, client/supplier liaison, social media activities, and company growth. Some unusual working hours would be expected and flexibility is essential. You will be hands on and self-motivated, a quick thinker, with great all-round hospitality and managerial experience.
– Main Duties –
- Quoting, forecasting, and overseeing hire and events.
- Identifying of appropriate business development and marketing recommendations to reach new corporate, professional and private hirers.
- Ensuring all aspects of the business are functioning efficiently to deliver an unparalleled service to clients.
- Client liaison.
- On site supervising during events.
- Managing venue upkeep and maintenance.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Increasing turnover and profits.
- Creating, commissioning, and overlooking content across social media channels.
- Handling HR matters.
- Forecasting and organizing recruitment needs.
– Skills Required –
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry, ideally venue hire / events background.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to use proficiently a range of office software packages including: Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of editing software (i.e. Adobe Suite) for developing presentations, reports and other media you might use for business development and pitches.
- Excellent maths skills, for working with budgets, accounts and expenses.
- Understanding of AV & in-house equipment.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities is a key requirement.
- Experience of managing social media campaigns with excellent writing skills to overlook and approve social media content.
- A flexible attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit and self-drive.
- We are a small, friendly team and when you join us, you will become an integral part of our operation!
– To Apply –
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.