£20K + sales target bonus!
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to join our small venue hire team.
As a Venue and Events Assistant, you will be responsible for providing a high level of organisational support working alongside Venue and Events Sales Manager and Venue Technician to offer an unparalleled service to our clients. Alongside outstanding written and spoken English, you should be highly-organised with excellent computer skills and extremely engaging and creative personality.
– Main Duties –
- Assisting with enquiries, providing information about the venue (phone and email).
- Scheduling and conducting viewings.
- Helping with providing quotes, booking hire agreements and invoices.
- Forward planning of events including catering and equipment/furniture requirements whilst ensuring the information is detailed, accurate and communicated to the relevant people in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Venue Technician to ensure the venue is prepped and ready for viewings and events.
- Assisting during events (occasionally).
- Liaising with suppliers, ensuring services provided as contracted.
- Maintaining venue diary.
- Creating and uploading content for the social media incl website news section.
- Brainstorming with the Venue and Events Sales Manager new ideas to generate sales.
– Skills Required –
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective and friendly working relations with a wide range of clients and suppliers.
- Ability to use proficiently a range of office software packages including: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Adobe Suite knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent maths skills, for working with budgets, accounts and expenses.
- Experience in the events/venue hire industry is an advantage.
- A proactive and strong sales driven attitude.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills and an absolute attention to detail are a must.
- Observant and tenacious to ensure an immaculate image is always maintained and unparalleled customer care and service delivered.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities is a key requirement.
- Experience of running social media campaigns with appropriate writing skills to represent and respond on behalf of the company social media platforms.
– Hours –
Main hours are 9 – 6 with 1 hr lunch break, however occasional flexible working is expected, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
– To Apply –
Please call: 0207 240 9568
Please note all applicants are required to call the above number otherwise applications will not be considered.
We are a small, friendly team and when you join us, you will become an integral part of our operation!