Full time position – salary DOE – immediate start
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to join our venue hire team.
As a Venue and Sales Coordinator you will be responsible for providing a high level of sales and events organisation support working alongside the Venue and Events Sales Manager and Venue Technician. Alongside outstanding written and spoken English, you should be highly-organised with extremely engaging and creative personality and a strong commercial instinct.
This is a key and varied role within our business and would suit someone who is proactive and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
– Main Duties –
- First point of contact for daily incoming enquiries.
- Providing comprehensive information about the venue.
- Scheduling and conducting viewings.
- Providing quotes, booking hire agreements and invoices.
- Forward planning of events including catering and equipment/furniture requirements whilst ensuring the information is detailed, accurate and communicated to the relevant people in a timely manner.
- Working with the Venue Technician to ensure the venue is prepped and ready for viewings and events – some DIY work is expected including heavy lifting.
- Assisting during events (occasionally).
- Liaising with suppliers, ensuring services provided as contracted.
- Maintaining venue diary.
- Creating and uploading content for the social media including website news section.
- Actively seeking out new clients within existing and new markets to generate new revenue streams.
- Brainstorming with the Venue and Events Sales Manager new ideas to generate new revenue streams.
– Skills Required –
- Min 3 years’ of experience working in venue hire sales / coordination / events or hospitality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective and friendly working relations with a wide range of clients and suppliers.
- Ability to use proficiently a range of office software packages including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent maths skills, for working with budgets, accounts and expenses.
- A proactive and strong sales driven attitude.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills and an absolute attention to detail are a must.
- Observant and tenacious to ensure an immaculate image is always maintained and unparalleled customer care and service delivered.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities is a key requirement.
- Experience of running social media campaigns with appropriate writing skills to represent and respond on behalf of the company social media platforms.
- DIY skills.
- Working knowledge of A/V equipment.
– Hours –
Main hours: 9am-6pm with 1hr lunch break. Occasional flexible working is expected incl mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
– To Apply –
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com quoting “Venue and Sales Coordinator” in the subject line.